onsdag 30 januari 2008

New York


We left Trinidad Monday at noon and flew to New York. JFK Airport was a monster as usual, abusive, stressful and we happened to land behind a megajet from El Al with thousands of israelis in front of us in the queue. It took us 2 hrs to pass customs, of course we had gotten the wrong forms. And myself, in a lapse of mind, wrote that I had visited both Venezuela and Cuba, instead of Venezuela and Trinidad & Tobago.
The customs police took an immediate an keen interest. I had to correct my error.
- Why did you go to Venezuela then?
- Er, the sun...
- What?
- Carribean sun.
- I cant hear you.
- Sun! SUN! You know the yellow thing above. Warm.

Anyway, after all the checkpoints (shoes off), when we came to the gate, Lily fell asleep and slept for an hour and a half. And after being carried on the plane, she continued sleeping for another 7,5 hours and woke up when we approached Frankfurt.

Inga kommentarer: